Saturday 16 March 2013

Watercolour - Orange Gerberra

It's been a while since I did a painting so I thought it was high time I picked up my brush again. I had photographed a rather lovely orange gerberra - you may have seen another photo of it on the blog. As usual, I took a few shots that I really loved so I decided to paint one of them.

Orange Gerberra

I love loose watercolour painting and would love to produce paintings in a loose style. This one started out quite loose but I do love doing details as I think it gives clarity to the painting. So this is how it turned out after going through the stages below.


I used Cadmium Red Pale Hue and Cadmium Yellow with a bit of brown and blue left over on my palette. At the very end I also used a bit of Ivory Black as well.

The finished painting is 7x5 in a 10x8 mount.

Thanks for looking, Gillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk