Saturday 23 March 2013

Gardening Gossip ~ Shredding

Finally, the weather has held off for long enough, on the right day, for me to tackle the large pile of willow prunings which was sitting in the middle of our lawn.

It was trying very hard to snow, on and off, but I wasn't to be put off! Although I did think someone was against me when we had a power cut after 15 minutes of shredding. At first I had a terrible feeling that I'd tripped our electrics, but lots of house alarms were going off. Then I worried that I'd tripped the whole of the street! But it was a power cut.

Knowing how easily willow takes root, I decided to put the chippings in the bin rather than composting it. I've saved a few wands so I can weave something out of them.

Willow treeShredder

That's what is left of our willow tree and my fab shredder! Instead of getting lots of little things for Christmas, I asked everyone for vouchers to buy the shredder. I love it! The first thing I shredded was our Christmas tree. Then our neighbours at the back of the house cut their Leylandii drastically so we had 6 ft trunks in our garden which got shredded in no time.

All of my woody prunings will get shredded and put in the compost bin so it won't take them as long to rot down.

Happy gardening!
Gillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk