Wednesday 29 January 2014

Watercolour ~ Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland

At the beginning of the year, I set myself a challenge to paint a watercolour every month. I decided to pick a theme of North East scenes.

Here's January's painting - a scene taken from Hadrian's Wall in Northumberland looking out from one of the Milecastles.

Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland

Here are the progress paintings (slightly paler as they were taken on a different camera). I washed the blue over the whole paper then washed some yellow ochre over the ground. I was going to put more detail into the wall as that was the focus of the scene, but after leaving it for a while and coming back to it, I decided to leave it where it was.




 

I hope you like it!
Gillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk