Thursday 30 January 2014

Knitting Notes ~ Blocking

I have only blocked two knitting projects - a sewn up cardigan and the pieces for my Art Nouveau inspired jumper. Now I don't know why I only just discovered this technique recently!

I am not the best knitter at keeping my stranded colour work loose enough to not pucker so I decided to block the pieces before I sewed them up to get the pattern to lay nice and flat. It worked a treat.

I put a large bath towel on the floor under a radiator and pin the pieces onto it and the carpet. You can stretch the work to the correct size (if it contains wool). I then dampen another bath towel and put it flat over the pinned out work. Then wait until it's dry.

See the results below!

Unblocked knitting
Unblocked knitting

Blocked knitting
Blocked knitting
Amazing and almost professional looking!

Happy knitting :-)
Gillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk