Sunday 5 January 2014

Gardening Gossip ~ Shredding the Christmas Tree

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you've all had a good Christmas.

Ever since getting a garden shredder last year for Christmas, my first gardening job of the year has been to shred the Christmas tree. It's a great way to work off the excesses of the festive season and gets me into the garden.

I put some of the shreddings into the compost bin and put some of them down as a mulch on top of soil around my son's swing.

I also made a few cuttings to try and grow my own Christmas tree. I'm not sure that they will take, as the branches are probably not fresh enough but they won't take up much space in the garden for now.

My next job is to look into some better containers to grow my veg in this year. Roll on Spring!

Gillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk