Thursday 7 February 2013

Virtues of the ipad to a crafter

When my IT, gadget-loving husband told me he was thinking of getting an ipad, I probably rolled my eyes. How much more technology do we need? When he brought it home though, I realised what advantages it could have. Now, whenever he picks it up to browse the net, there's always a knitting or crochet pattern on it!

There are so many free designs and patterns on the internet for you to use in your creative projects now. I did find that I would browse on the laptop - which is permanently plugged in in our study - print out a pattern, only to discover it wasn't quite what I wanted when I started making it. So now I can sit in comfort on the sofa with a pattern on the ipad and save paper!

I've been crocheting flowers to decorate a cushion cover with designs that I've followed on the ipad. I'll probably bookmark or copy out my favourite ones to use again but the ones which haven't been successful won't need to waste paper and ink!

Gillian.

Of course, there are other tablets available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk