Wednesday 6 February 2013

Crochet Crazy ~ Ruffled Scarf

Here is my latest craft project, a ruffled crocheted scarf. I've only been able to crochet properly for about 3 months. I've been able to knit for years but no one sat down with me and taught me how to crochet until recently. Since then I've got crochet crazy...I love it!

I found a basic pattern for a ruffled scarf on the internet which used treble stitches but I felt they were too long and made the scarf too holey. So I changed a few of the stitches and came up with this.

crochet ruffle scarf
crochet ruffle scarf

I used the equivalent of dk yarn for the main colour and Sirdar Reflections (which I think has been discontinued but as of this post you may get clearance online) for the edging. It took about 160g of yarn and I used a 5mm crochet hook.

Chain approx 203 or as many stitches for the length of your scarf.

Row 1:     dc into 3rd chain and each chain across
Row 2:     ch3 turn, 2dc into each stitch across
Row 3:     ch3 turn, 2dc into each stitch across
Row 4:     ch1 turn, 2sc into each stitch across
Row 5:     change to contrast, ch1 turn, sc into each stitch across

My husband said he thought it looked like coral.
My current project is a cushion cover. No doubt I'll share that with you soon.

Gillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk