Wednesday 10 September 2014

Red Admiral Butterfly

While eating my lunch today, looking out on the garden, I spotted not one but two red admiral butterflies on the second flush of buddlea flowers. They always seem to visit later than the tortoiseshell and peacock butterflies.

Not only are they stunning when their wings are open, but I love the patterns on the underside with the light shining through.

Here's a photo I took a couple of years ago which is available as cards and prints on my website. Click the photo for the link.

Red Admiral Butterfly

Thank you for looking!
Gillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk