Tuesday 22 July 2014

Watercolour ~ Wallington Griffin Head

The Griffin's heads at Wallington are well known around the area and I wanted to focus on just one for this painting. I have left the hall very soft and hazy in the background as the griffin was the focus. I sprayed paint on last using my finger on the brush to achieve the mottled stone effect.

I did draw out the main features on the head first, measuring out with my pencil as I wanted to get the proportions correct. What do you think of him?

Wallington Hall painting

Here are the progress steps :-)

Wallington Hall paintingWallington Hall painting

Wallington Hall paintingWallington Hall painting
  If you like this painting, you could own a card or print by buying one from my website.

Thanks for looking, Gillian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk