Thursday 10 October 2013

Watercolour ~ Robin

Watercolour robin

With thoughts turning towards Christmas, I thought I would tackle a painting of a robin.

I wanted the background to be an evergreen Christmassy green but halfway through, I was wishing I'd left it a snowy, plain white. Now that it's finished and cropped I don't mind the background.

I am rather pleased with the robin though. I think I subconsciously made his tummy a little bit bigger than the robin on the photo but he looks okay.

Here are the progress photos. Slightly different colours as the weather was sunny/rainy/sunny so different light for each photo!






I am going to make this available as greetings cards and prints.

Hope you like him!

Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk