Thursday 27 June 2013

Watercolour ~ Iris

Usually I paint from photographs and if I paint from still life, it's always indoors. My new iris had just flowered in the garden so I decided to set up my easel outside and attempt to paint it. It was a little windy and the sun kept going in and out but I perservered. Here is the result!

Iris watercolour

Iris watercolour

I love this so much that I might keep the original for myself! It has really captured a fleeting moment, as this first flower has now faded. When I have got round to sourcing a good art printer, I'll get some prints made.

I'd love to know what you think about it.
Gillian x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk