Wednesday 21 March 2012

Watercolour - Warkworth Castle, Northumberland


The latest painting. Warkworth Castle in Northumberland. Size 8"x6"

I used some masking fluid to mask off the skyline before using cerulean blue hue for the sunny sky.


I used mainly yellow ochre and brown for the castle, adding some black for the shadows.

Warkworth 3Warkworth 4


After looking at the finished painting again on the photo, I noticed the sky was lighter under a line to the left, so I've tried to soften the effect and get rid of the line.

Thank you for looking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Why don't you leave me a message to let me know you stopped by?

If you have any questions about purchasing any of the images or prints, please email me.

gillian@gilliancrossphotography.co.uk